Zoning Recommendations for the Harmon Business District - Input and Information Session
The Village Board of Trustees and Croton Economic Development Committee will be hosting a public input session on the Harmon Zoning Change Recommendation on Wednesday June 3rd 2009 at 7:30 at the Harmon Fire House.
The session will include:
- A brief presentation on the particulars of the zoning change recommendations, and how mixed use development has been used successfully as an economic development tool in other similar sized communities including:
- Review of actual zoning change recommendations
- How mixed use supports the growth of local business
- Why mixed use is good for the environment and community life
- Brainstorming sessions on aesthetic and functional design of buildings, streetscapes and public amenities such as.
- Exterior materials
- Balcony and porch usage or restrictions
- Sidewalk amenities such as seating, lighting, features and landscaping
- Pocket parks, public restrooms, bike racks
Your input is critical in ensuring we revitalize Harmon to its fullest potential. We hope to see you on June 3rd and bring your ideas!