Village of Croton-on-Hudson E-Notice
Dear Members of the Croton-Harmon School Community,
Please join us for an exciting family event:
EXPERIENCE SCIENCE CELEBRATION
FRIDAY, MAY 13th
5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Croton-Harmon High School
This is an opportunity for students and residents of all ages to learn about, teach each other, and practice science in a fun way!
There will be hands-on science experience stations, including but not limited to:
- Reuse It and Make Music - Children are invited to use their imaginations to design and build instruments out of 'trash'
- Test Your Steady Hand: ~Exploring and building electric circuits
- How Does Your Garden Grow? ~Observe and learn how plants grow differently when started naturally with a bit of dirt, sun and water and when helped along with a heating mat. ~Learn about capillary action and propagation. ~Take home a plant or seedling!
- Physics of Baseball - The Croton Little League along with the Croton-Harmon Police and their radar gun will be seeing how fast you can pitch a baseball.
- Blast Off - PVC's Dr. Ardito will be demonstrating some of his rockets
- Catapults and Bridges - Watch catapults in action and build a pasta bridge
- Make Colors Dance - See what emerges when milk is acted upon by a common household detergent
- Flame Tests - Have fun with Bunsen burners
- High School Research Projects - See what some of our students are working on
- Experience Destination Imagination - Up close and personal
- Join the Croton Star Party - As we shrink the earth to the size of a peppercorn!~ And look at our own star - the Sun - through a solar telescope.
- Teatown Reservation - Come see a surprise experience station
~- Paint a Tile - Create a tile to~decorate the walls outside the new CHHS science labs - $10 donation per a 4 x 4 tile.
There will also be food (hot dogs, pizza, Spanish rice, roast pork, baked chicken, and salad), snacks, beverages and baked goods, some even with a science theme.
CHEF, the Croton-Harmon PTAs, the Booster Club, and the Croton-Harmon School District are sponsoring this event.~ There is no charge for participation, so come one, come all.
Please join us for a very exciting learning experience that is guaranteed to be fun for everyone.~ Let’s celebrate science education together!
Dr. Edward R. Fuhrman, Jr.
Superintendent of Schools