PARKING PERMIT RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE CROTON HARMON STATION PARKING LOT
1. The Village of Croton on Hudson is not responsible for any loss and/or damage by flood, fire, theft, collision or any other cause to any vehicle loss while a patron is parked in the municipal lot. In consideration of being permitted to use the Village parking lot, the permit holder assumes all risk of damage or injury to person or property that may result from or arise out of such use and waives, releases and discharges the Village of Croton-on-Hudson, its agents and employees from any liability therefor.
2. Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Permit holders must park in designated permit areas only. Resident Permit Holders may park in Sections A, B, C, E, H, I, and J. Non-Resident Permit Holders may park in Sections A, B, C, H, and J. Preferred Permit Holders may only park in Section B-Preferred.
3. Sections E and I are designated by signs “Resident parking only.” Non-resident permit holders and preferred permit holders parking in these areas will be issued violations.
4. Preferred permits are valid only in Section B-Preferred designated by signs “Preferred parking by special permit only”. No other permits are valid in this area. Non-preferred customers who park here will be towed. There are no exceptions.
5. Permit holders may only park in handicapped spaces Section D if they display a valid NYS handicapped permit and have a current parking permit.
6. Parking permits are only valid for the license plate(s) that are on file with the office. Only one vehicle per permit may be parked at any given time in the parking lot.
7. All information on file with this office must be kept up to date. Resident permit holders must supply this office with a current copy of the car registration for each car listed on profile page and it must be sent to this office each time it is renewed with the Department of Motor Vehicles. Car registration address must match permit holder address. You can fax, email, or mail the registrations. (Contact information below) Current car registrations must be received in this office before a permit can be issued.
8. Non-resident and Preferred permits must be purchased consecutively in order to remain active. Permits are only sold quarterly. All parking permits are non-transferable.
9. All permit types are for a three-month (quarterly) period beginning June 1, September 1, December 1, and March 1.
10. Permit holders are not permitted to park in the daily Pay-by-Space section (Section F).
11. The Justice Court personnel will review outstanding traffic tickets. All outstanding tickets issued in the Village of Croton-on-Hudson must be resolved before a parking permit will be issued.
12. Refunds for one or two months within a quarter will be issued if parking permit is cancelled prior to the beginning of a month.