PARKING PERMIT RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE CROTON HARMON STATION PARKING LOT
1. The Village of Croton on Hudson is not responsible for any loss and/or damage by flood, fire, theft, collision or any other cause to any vehicle loss while a patron is parked in the municipal lot.
2. Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis. As a permit holder you are not entitled to a reserved space unless you possess a Preferred permit. Permit holders must park in designated permit areas only.
3. Parking permits are non-transferable and only valid for the license plate(s) that are on file with the office. Only one vehicle per permit may be parked at any given time in the parking lot. The permits may not be copied. The permit holder is responsible for transferring the permit between registered, authorized vehicles. Permit holders may register a third vehicle upon payment of the appropriate fee.
4. All information on file with this office must be kept up to date. We must have a current copy of the car registration for each car you list with us and it must be updated every two years when you renew the registration. You can fax, email, or mail the registrations. (Contact information below) Village residents may also be required annually to provide proof of residency.
5. Certain areas are designated by signs “Resident parking only.” Non resident permit holders parking in these areas will be issued violations.
Preferred permits are valid only in the “Preferred parking by special permit only” area. No other permits are valid in this area. Non-preferred customers who park here will be towed. There are no exceptions.
6. Permits must be displayed with the silver security bar facing out. Failure to do so will result in a violation. Display permit on the inside left passenger window. See diagram below.
7. Only the permit for the current month or quarter is to be displayed. Permit holders are responsible for displaying the proper permit to avoid being issued a violation. Permit holders who forget to display the new quarter’s permit will be allowed one grace day if the old permit is on display.
8. Non-resident and Preferred permits must be purchased consecutively in order to remain active. Permits are only sold quarterly.
9. Permits may be purchased in advance for up to twelve months but, within the village’s fiscal year, June 1 through May 31. Renewal instructions appear on the top of your parking permit purchase receipt. Please allow sufficient time for your permit renewal to be processed. Checks are made payable to: Village of Croton-on-Hudson. There will be an additional charge of $20.00 on all returned checks.
10. Permit holders may only park in handicapped spaces if they display a valid NYS handicapped permit and a current parking permit.
11. Permit holders are not permitted to park in the daily Pay-by-Space section (Section F). The numbered pay-by-space parking spaces are for daily and long-term customers only.
12. The Justice Court personnel will review outstanding traffic tickets. All outstanding tickets issued in the Village of Croton-on-Hudson must be resolved before a parking permit will be issued.
13. Prorated refunds will be granted for unused permits if received in the village office before the first day of the month printed on the permit. There is a $10.00 administrative processing fee.
14. The purchaser is fully responsible for permits purchased. The fee for replacement permits is $25.00 per quarterly or monthly permit that is lost, stolen or damaged.